Urology/Urethra

Question
I am having some minor discomfort in my urethra (upper part) near the end of the penis. It is not bothering me all the time. It comes and goes. There is no problem with my urine as being infected. Also, this could be part of a prostities problem. I have never had any bacteria infection showing ever in any previous prostate problems. I don't get any pain after urination.

I have read that this could just part of a prostate problem or maybe sexual problem?

Could this be an inflamed urethra? Can this be eliminated by drinking allot of water to flush it out? Should I get to see a urologist if this does not go away? Maybe Cystoscopy?

Your opinion in this matter would be appreciated. thanks.

Answer
Joe:

You are correct that what you've described could be due to an inflamed urethra OR to prostatitis which can also affect sensation in the tip of the penis.  If this continues, a checkup by your local physician or a urologist may be reasonable.  Drinking more water is usually a good idea for these types of problems and sometimes they will go away by themselves.  If this doesn't happen, then check with your physician.

Urology

Stephen W. Leslie, MD