If you have a venous leak would it appear suddenly if it were from injuring or hitting the penis on a solid surface.  I just asked a question regarding this. I hit my penis several months ago on a hard surface and it hurt for 20 min but no swelling or brusing. Since then I've been able to have hard erections and good sex  with no problems masterbating and even some hard erections without physical stimulation but I have also lost it a couple times. Would it have appeared right after hitting it if i had a leak and been persistent? I'm kind of paranoid. Thanks.

Your question is relatively easy.  You do not have venous leak.  If you did, the erections would be consistently bad. Failure to maintain at times is most likely due to psychological issues.  Check with your physician to see if this is correct and to discuss whether or not any treatment is indicated.  

Stephen W. Leslie, MD

Questions concerning erectile dysfunction, kidney stones and prostate disorders including prostate cancer. I have a special interest in kidney stone disease prevention.

Full time practicing urologist with 30 years experience. Associate Professor of Surgery and Chief of Urology at Creighton University Medical Center. Editor in Chief of eMedicine Urology internet textbook. Author of only NIH approved book written for patients by a urologist on the subject of kidney stones "The Kidney Stones Handbook". Inventor of the "Parachute" and "Escape" kidney stone baskets and the "Calculus" stone prevention analysis computer program.

American Urological Association, Ohio State Medical Association, Sexual Medicine Society

Men's Health, Journal of Urology, Urology, Healthwatch Magazine, Emergency Medicine Monthly, eMedicine, "The Kidney Stones Handbook", and numerous articles in various newspapers. He is also the editor of the Urology Board Review by McGraw-Hill used by urologists to study for their Board Certification Examinations.

Graduate of New York Medical College with residencies completed at Metropolitan Hospital New York, Albany Medical Center and University of Wisconsin-Madison.

Thirlby Award of the American Urological Association. Rated as one the country's Best Urologists by the Independent Consumer's Research Institute