Urology/White Slivers

Question
Hello,

I wrote you about a week ago, but never got a receipt and could not find the answered question onthe board. Thought it was strange so I am just re-writing in case I did something wrong.

I have had what appears to be a tiny white sliver under the head of my penis for literallyyears and years. It predates any sexual activity. I initially thought it was literally some foreign object lodged in my skin,but when i pulled it out...it grew back!

It is very small. It protrudes the skin and looks like a tiny grain of rice, except skinnier. I have no idea what it is, and when I search for it on the internet, I just get hits about those white papules, but they appear to be different. Unless it's some sort of variation...

I know you can't offer a diagnosis. I will see a doctor soon, but in the meantime any speculation would help.

Thanks,

Jesse

Answer
Jesse:

Sorry, but we don't "speculate" on this forum although we do give some of the most likely causes of this and that.  This is something odd so I can't really tell what it is without personally examining it.  A hair follicle problem or a sebaceous cyst are prehaps the most likely causes.  have your local physician check it out.

Urology

Stephen W. Leslie, MD