Urology/penis damage

Question
About a week ago I masturbated and caused some internal injury which only became apparent after I had ejaculated. There was a sharp internal pain inside the penis head. This has happened at least once before and it took a fair amount of time to go away perhaps several months. The pain now has become slightly less sharp but it is still there and I expect it will again take several weeks if not months. Do you know what the injury is? Is it nerve damage? It seems to occur when i pull the foreskin down too hard by accident.

The other thing I have noticed even before this incident, is that my erection is not the same as it used to be. It gets hard but its thin and sort of bony. It just doesnt feel the same as before.

what could be causing this? I have also noticed a loss of libido these past few months. Could that be the cause or could there be some change that has taken place?

In any case does all of this mean I need to stop all sexual activity? for how long?

Answer
Jim:

I really have no good idea of what is causing your discomfort.  There is just nothing really inside the penis in that area; it's like an empty sponge.  However, adding loss of libido can suggest prostatitis which has been known to cause your type of pain.  Have it checked by your local physician.

Urology

Stephen W. Leslie, MD