Urology/Problem urinating while defecating

Hello sir,
recently for the past two days i have problems starting urination while defecation. weak urine flow occurs and thin urine comes where i feel no force in my urine,seems like i dont have control over my urination just like a numbness sort of feeling. when i push bowel a bit urine drips out like droplets. it started when i forced to clear all my stools and urination stopped at that point.then the whole day i didnt felt a urge after a lot of intake of water,but urination did occurred 4 times after going into toilet,but the stream was slow. what can you think of my condition?

If you are constipated or there is a large amount of stool in the rectum, this can put pressure on the prostate and cause some temporary problems with urination.  I suspect this is your problem rather than a urinary tract issue.  Check with your local physician to be sure about this.

Stephen W. Leslie, MD

Questions concerning erectile dysfunction, kidney stones and prostate disorders including prostate cancer. I have a special interest in kidney stone disease prevention.

Full time practicing urologist with 30 years experience. Associate Professor of Surgery and Chief of Urology at Creighton University Medical Center. Editor in Chief of eMedicine Urology internet textbook. Author of only NIH approved book written for patients by a urologist on the subject of kidney stones "The Kidney Stones Handbook". Inventor of the "Parachute" and "Escape" kidney stone baskets and the "Calculus" stone prevention analysis computer program.

American Urological Association, Ohio State Medical Association, Sexual Medicine Society

Men's Health, Journal of Urology, Urology, Healthwatch Magazine, Emergency Medicine Monthly, eMedicine, "The Kidney Stones Handbook", and numerous articles in various newspapers. He is also the editor of the Urology Board Review by McGraw-Hill used by urologists to study for their Board Certification Examinations.

Graduate of New York Medical College with residencies completed at Metropolitan Hospital New York, Albany Medical Center and University of Wisconsin-Madison.

Thirlby Award of the American Urological Association. Rated as one the country's Best Urologists by the Independent Consumer's Research Institute