Urology/Testicle size

So, if my testicles have been the same size since puberty and my testosterone is normal, I shouldn't worry about mumps, vascular blockage or injury since they've been the same size since puberty and I'm now 27? They're like small golf balls.

ANSWER: Randy:

First grapes, now small golf balls?  Look, measure them and then we know the size without guessing.  From your history, if that is accurate then mumps may be unlikely, but its possible that a vascular problem at puberty could have limited their growth.  At this point, it doesn't matter; we can't make them larger.  The only important points are do they produce normal sperm and testosterone.  If so, then don't worry about it.

Dr.  I measured them with a tape measure.  The circumference of them is about 4 and 1/2 cm around . Should I worry,?
My penis is slightly above average in size , if I had a vascular problem at puberty wouldn't it have limited penis growth?

ANSWER: Randy:

It sounds like your testis are about normal size.  In that case, you should probably not worry.  A vascular problem at puberty would not necessarily affect penis size unless it reduced testosterone levels.

What do u mean by vascular problem?. And I never had the mumps. My testosterone is 438 ng and normal . I'm just wondering how much marijuana  use could effect their growth ,but if that were true wouldn't everyone who smoked during puberty  have smaller testicles ?  I've had strong erections since puberty and smoked moderately from about 18-21. I'm 27 and haven't touched it in 5 years . guess I'm just wondering if marijuana could have limited the testicles from getting bigger . It certainly didn't affect my penis size

You keep asking the same question over and over, so let me try to summarize and clarify your situation.  We can't tell for sure what caused your smaller testicle size as there is no clear cause yet determined in your particular case.  The size of your testicles is currently normal.  As long as the testosterone level and sperm counts are normal, there is no reason for concern.  While marijuana use may cause some decrease in size, this does not appear to have happened in your case.  And even if it did, there is nothing that can be done about it now.

Stephen W. Leslie, MD

Questions concerning erectile dysfunction, kidney stones and prostate disorders including prostate cancer. I have a special interest in kidney stone disease prevention.

Full time practicing urologist with 30 years experience. Associate Professor of Surgery and Chief of Urology at Creighton University Medical Center. Editor in Chief of eMedicine Urology internet textbook. Author of only NIH approved book written for patients by a urologist on the subject of kidney stones "The Kidney Stones Handbook". Inventor of the "Parachute" and "Escape" kidney stone baskets and the "Calculus" stone prevention analysis computer program.

American Urological Association, Ohio State Medical Association, Sexual Medicine Society

Men's Health, Journal of Urology, Urology, Healthwatch Magazine, Emergency Medicine Monthly, eMedicine, "The Kidney Stones Handbook", and numerous articles in various newspapers. He is also the editor of the Urology Board Review by McGraw-Hill used by urologists to study for their Board Certification Examinations.

Graduate of New York Medical College with residencies completed at Metropolitan Hospital New York, Albany Medical Center and University of Wisconsin-Madison.

Thirlby Award of the American Urological Association. Rated as one the country's Best Urologists by the Independent Consumer's Research Institute