dr leslie,thanks for answering my question about frequent of concerned about the last 5 days urinating every half-hour .my psa 15 could this be advanced prostate cancer  if prostate is a little hard but not lika a rock is this cause  for prostate is enlarged.thanks for your patience im up tight

A PSA of 15 is a concern.  Most of the time, this is due to enlargement, infection or inflammation, but it could also be a cancer.

Your frequent urination may or may not be related.  There could be an infection, urinary blockage from the prostate, overactive bladder, urinary retention with overflow or diabetes.  You'll need to check with a local physician to determine the underlying problem and how to deal with it.  A Urology consultation would be reasonable to review this.

Stephen W. Leslie, MD

Questions concerning erectile dysfunction, kidney stones and prostate disorders including prostate cancer. I have a special interest in kidney stone disease prevention.

Full time practicing urologist with 30 years experience. Associate Professor of Surgery and Chief of Urology at Creighton University Medical Center. Editor in Chief of eMedicine Urology internet textbook. Author of only NIH approved book written for patients by a urologist on the subject of kidney stones "The Kidney Stones Handbook". Inventor of the "Parachute" and "Escape" kidney stone baskets and the "Calculus" stone prevention analysis computer program.

American Urological Association, Ohio State Medical Association, Sexual Medicine Society

Men's Health, Journal of Urology, Urology, Healthwatch Magazine, Emergency Medicine Monthly, eMedicine, "The Kidney Stones Handbook", and numerous articles in various newspapers. He is also the editor of the Urology Board Review by McGraw-Hill used by urologists to study for their Board Certification Examinations.

Graduate of New York Medical College with residencies completed at Metropolitan Hospital New York, Albany Medical Center and University of Wisconsin-Madison.

Thirlby Award of the American Urological Association. Rated as one the country's Best Urologists by the Independent Consumer's Research Institute