You are here:

Urology/Inverted penis


I just noticed my husband has a inverted penis.   And he has a hard time getting erection. What cause this ? And what kind of treatment is available.  ? Is it cause by STD?


It's probably not an inverted penis, just a buried one.  This is usually caused by overgrowth of fatty tissue around the base of the penis.  There is no standard treatment for this, although it may be possible to do liposuction around the area to make the penis appear more normal.

Difficulty with erections is probably unrelated but is usually treatable with medications, injections or vacuum devices.

Neither of these problems is usually related to STDs.

He should talk to his physician or consult a urologist for a more defintive and personalized answer.


All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Stephen W. Leslie, MD


Questions concerning erectile dysfunction, kidney stones and prostate disorders including prostate cancer. I have a special interest in kidney stone disease prevention.


Full time practicing urologist with 30 years experience. Associate Professor of Surgery and Chief of Urology at Creighton University Medical Center. Editor in Chief of eMedicine Urology internet textbook. Author of only NIH approved book written for patients by a urologist on the subject of kidney stones "The Kidney Stones Handbook". Inventor of the "Parachute" and "Escape" kidney stone baskets and the "Calculus" stone prevention analysis computer program.

American Urological Association, Ohio State Medical Association, Sexual Medicine Society

Men's Health, Journal of Urology, Urology, Healthwatch Magazine, Emergency Medicine Monthly, eMedicine, "The Kidney Stones Handbook", and numerous articles in various newspapers. He is also the editor of the Urology Board Review by McGraw-Hill used by urologists to study for their Board Certification Examinations.

Graduate of New York Medical College with residencies completed at Metropolitan Hospital New York, Albany Medical Center and University of Wisconsin-Madison.

Awards and Honors
Thirlby Award of the American Urological Association. Rated as one the country's Best Urologists by the Independent Consumer's Research Institute

©2017 All rights reserved.