Urology/Inverted penis

Question
I just noticed my husband has a inverted penis.   And he has a hard time getting erection. What cause this ? And what kind of treatment is available.  ? Is it cause by STD?

Answer
Steve:

It's probably not an inverted penis, just a buried one.  This is usually caused by overgrowth of fatty tissue around the base of the penis.  There is no standard treatment for this, although it may be possible to do liposuction around the area to make the penis appear more normal.

Difficulty with erections is probably unrelated but is usually treatable with medications, injections or vacuum devices.

Neither of these problems is usually related to STDs.

He should talk to his physician or consult a urologist for a more defintive and personalized answer.

Urology

Stephen W. Leslie, MD