Urology/jes extender

i would like your opinion on jes extender
is it dangerous?
does it even work?
kind regards

Michael,  I have read the web sites regarding claims of increasing penile size with a variety of techniques (ie penile extenders (including the Jes extender), massage, jelqing, andropenis, etc.).  However, based on my years of practice and knowledge of anatomy and physiology, I find it difficult to believe they would work to any significant degree. They may add an extra 1-2 cm. in length but I doubt this improves either function or satisfaction.  However, I have received numerous reports on this site of complications such as burning and numbness of the penile tissues, bruising, swelling, local discomfort & temporary changes in erectile ability. Fortunately, all of the side effects have resolved on their own once the practice or device was discontinued.   These symptoms are due to stretching and bruising the sensory nerves of the penis.  However, whereas most injuries heal in days or weeks, nerve trauma may take several months & sometimes up to a year to totally return to normal  If one stops using these practices or devices they will eventuallybe fine.  In addition, it is essential to avoid any further significant trauma to the penis during the healing phase.  It is okay to have sexual activity (masturbation and/or intercourse) but no rough sex.  The use of a good quality lubricant (such as the "silk" lubricants) is advised to lessen the chance of further injury.  

Incidentally, the majority of men believe they were "short-changed" regarding penile size.  The average erect penis is 4-6" (10-15 cm.) and indeed this is where the overwhelmingly number of men fall.  My advise is to learn how to use what you were naturally endowed with to the maximum.  There are many excellent books available on how to become a terrific lover almost regardless of penile size. Good luck.

Arthur Goldstein, M.D.

Problems or questions related to the field of urology; ie urinary stone disease, urinary cancers (kidney, bladder, prostate, testis, etc.), urinary infections, etc. I no longer answer questions related to erection problems or male sexual dysfunction.

I am retired from the active practice of urology. My 34 years was totally in the clinical field and involved the entire gamut of genitourinary problems, with special interest in endourology.

American Medical Association, American Urological Association, American College of Surgeons

College degree - BS Medical degree - MD Master of Science - MS