Urology/pain in penis

Question
Hi,I have a Sever pain in my penis, especially at the top bits+ Pain my anus .After 6 visit to hospital in last two months the scan showed sign of diverticulitis.I live in UK and can not afford to see a private Doctor .However,each time in hospital they sent me home with some pain killer.The result of blood test was fine,also the result of urine test was fine.I would be very grateful if you can direct me to what else I can do to get this pain away.I only take paracetamol 500mg .Thank you

Answer
Essi:

We don't have a clear diagnosis yet.  I suspect you may have either a pelvic abscess or prostatitis.  You will need to see a physician for a clear diagnosis before any correct treatment can be given.  Diverticulitis does not typically cause pain in the penis.

For now, try sitting in a hot tub for 10 minutes and do this several times a day.  This often helps pain in this area but it's not a cure.

Urology

Stephen W. Leslie, MD