Urology/white lump on my penis shaft when erect

little white lump
little white lump  
I've noticed white oval lump on my penis shaft when it's erect, it doesn't move and quite solid, like a small pear, it disappears when my reaction it's gone, do you know what it might be and how to cure it?

It's obviously hard to determine reliably what various lumps and lesions are on the penis.  However, a small, painless, soft white nodule in this location is often a small sebaceous cyst.  If it doesn't hurt or bother you, we often recommend that such cysts be left alone but it can be removed with a small surgery if you wish.

Have this checked by your local physician to be sure.

Stephen W. Leslie, MD

Questions concerning erectile dysfunction, kidney stones and prostate disorders including prostate cancer. I have a special interest in kidney stone disease prevention.

Full time practicing urologist with 30 years experience. Associate Professor of Surgery and Chief of Urology at Creighton University Medical Center. Editor in Chief of eMedicine Urology internet textbook. Author of only NIH approved book written for patients by a urologist on the subject of kidney stones "The Kidney Stones Handbook". Inventor of the "Parachute" and "Escape" kidney stone baskets and the "Calculus" stone prevention analysis computer program.

American Urological Association, Ohio State Medical Association, Sexual Medicine Society

Men's Health, Journal of Urology, Urology, Healthwatch Magazine, Emergency Medicine Monthly, eMedicine, "The Kidney Stones Handbook", and numerous articles in various newspapers. He is also the editor of the Urology Board Review by McGraw-Hill used by urologists to study for their Board Certification Examinations.

Graduate of New York Medical College with residencies completed at Metropolitan Hospital New York, Albany Medical Center and University of Wisconsin-Madison.

Thirlby Award of the American Urological Association. Rated as one the country's Best Urologists by the Independent Consumer's Research Institute