Urology/Bad penis rash(?) under shaft

I noticed a few days ago that I had quite a nasty rash on the underside of my penis shaft; it's, red, looks raw (like I've taken the skin off), and is itchy. I'm not sure if it's something like a fungal infection or a result of some rough sex when I was drunk with my GF. Any who, it is yet to heal (i stupidly have had sex a few times since, both painful and obviously only further worsen it... safe to say I won't anymore) and looks and is slightly painful and itchy. I highly doubt it's an STD because of my long standing relationship, I'm assuming it's either a result of the friction or possibly a fungal infection? I assumed the worse with the latter so have been using Lamisil cream 2-3 times a day for two days so far.

Would it be important to get an image? Thanks a lot.

Remember that we are not allowed to give individual diagnoses on this forum so sending me a picture won't help.  A fungal infection is most likely, but obviously we can't be sure without actually looking at it.  If the lamisil doesn't work, talk to your local physician or consult a dermatologist.

Stephen W. Leslie, MD

Questions concerning erectile dysfunction, kidney stones and prostate disorders including prostate cancer. I have a special interest in kidney stone disease prevention.

Full time practicing urologist with 30 years experience. Associate Professor of Surgery and Chief of Urology at Creighton University Medical Center. Editor in Chief of eMedicine Urology internet textbook. Author of only NIH approved book written for patients by a urologist on the subject of kidney stones "The Kidney Stones Handbook". Inventor of the "Parachute" and "Escape" kidney stone baskets and the "Calculus" stone prevention analysis computer program.

American Urological Association, Ohio State Medical Association, Sexual Medicine Society

Men's Health, Journal of Urology, Urology, Healthwatch Magazine, Emergency Medicine Monthly, eMedicine, "The Kidney Stones Handbook", and numerous articles in various newspapers. He is also the editor of the Urology Board Review by McGraw-Hill used by urologists to study for their Board Certification Examinations.

Graduate of New York Medical College with residencies completed at Metropolitan Hospital New York, Albany Medical Center and University of Wisconsin-Madison.

Thirlby Award of the American Urological Association. Rated as one the country's Best Urologists by the Independent Consumer's Research Institute