I was diagnosed with low t.  I wanted to know where I would go to get an evaluation or get HCG prescribed.  After intense research of the various treatments, I believe for me, HCG would be the best option.  Thank you so much.


Standard treatment for low testosterone that is causing symptoms is testosterone supplementation not HCG.  If your low testosterone is due to testicular failure, then HCG won't work.  We use HCG only when we have patients with low testosterone who are trying to overcome infertility since testosterone supplementation causes a decrease in sperm count.

As far as an evaluation, talk to your family physician or consult a urologist.  Typical evaluation includes blood tests for testosterone, FSH, LH and Prolactin as well as a full examination and sometimes a testicular ultrasound.  


All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Stephen W. Leslie, MD


Questions concerning erectile dysfunction, kidney stones and prostate disorders including prostate cancer. I have a special interest in kidney stone disease prevention.


Full time practicing urologist with 30 years experience. Associate Professor of Surgery and Chief of Urology at Creighton University Medical Center. Editor in Chief of eMedicine Urology internet textbook. Author of only NIH approved book written for patients by a urologist on the subject of kidney stones "The Kidney Stones Handbook". Inventor of the "Parachute" and "Escape" kidney stone baskets and the "Calculus" stone prevention analysis computer program.

American Urological Association, Ohio State Medical Association, Sexual Medicine Society

Men's Health, Journal of Urology, Urology, Healthwatch Magazine, Emergency Medicine Monthly, eMedicine, "The Kidney Stones Handbook", and numerous articles in various newspapers. He is also the editor of the Urology Board Review by McGraw-Hill used by urologists to study for their Board Certification Examinations.

Graduate of New York Medical College with residencies completed at Metropolitan Hospital New York, Albany Medical Center and University of Wisconsin-Madison.

Awards and Honors
Thirlby Award of the American Urological Association. Rated as one the country's Best Urologists by the Independent Consumer's Research Institute

©2017 About.com. All rights reserved.

[an error occurred while processing this directive]