Urology/HCG

Question
I was diagnosed with low t.  I wanted to know where I would go to get an evaluation or get HCG prescribed.  After intense research of the various treatments, I believe for me, HCG would be the best option.  Thank you so much.

Answer
Tommy:

Standard treatment for low testosterone that is causing symptoms is testosterone supplementation not HCG.  If your low testosterone is due to testicular failure, then HCG won't work.  We use HCG only when we have patients with low testosterone who are trying to overcome infertility since testosterone supplementation causes a decrease in sperm count.

As far as an evaluation, talk to your family physician or consult a urologist.  Typical evaluation includes blood tests for testosterone, FSH, LH and Prolactin as well as a full examination and sometimes a testicular ultrasound.  

Urology

Stephen W. Leslie, MD