Urology/Painless lump on penis skin

Dear Doctor,

first, I would like to thank you for taking your time to answer this picture.

I know that you don't like to give diagnosis, but I have seen my dermatologist and I think she was wrong, because she didn't even look at it properly and she gave the diagnose - verrucae virales.

I have found this "lump", couple of days later after had (protected) sex for hour and a half. It doesn't itch and it is painless. On the touch it feels like a vein, and that's why I think my doctor was wrong. I have it for two weeks now.

Could this be sign of thrombosed penile vein or Sclerosing Lymphangitis?

Thanks in advance.

I can't be sure just from the picture, but it does not appear to be red, swollen or inflammed.  A varicosed vein is possible.  I think scleosing lymphangitis is less likely.  I can only suggest getting another opinion from a different dermatologist to be sure.

Stephen W. Leslie, MD

Questions concerning erectile dysfunction, kidney stones and prostate disorders including prostate cancer. I have a special interest in kidney stone disease prevention.

Full time practicing urologist with 30 years experience. Associate Professor of Surgery and Chief of Urology at Creighton University Medical Center. Editor in Chief of eMedicine Urology internet textbook. Author of only NIH approved book written for patients by a urologist on the subject of kidney stones "The Kidney Stones Handbook". Inventor of the "Parachute" and "Escape" kidney stone baskets and the "Calculus" stone prevention analysis computer program.

American Urological Association, Ohio State Medical Association, Sexual Medicine Society

Men's Health, Journal of Urology, Urology, Healthwatch Magazine, Emergency Medicine Monthly, eMedicine, "The Kidney Stones Handbook", and numerous articles in various newspapers. He is also the editor of the Urology Board Review by McGraw-Hill used by urologists to study for their Board Certification Examinations.

Graduate of New York Medical College with residencies completed at Metropolitan Hospital New York, Albany Medical Center and University of Wisconsin-Madison.

Thirlby Award of the American Urological Association. Rated as one the country's Best Urologists by the Independent Consumer's Research Institute