Urology/Penile fracture

Question
I'm a 35 year old male, I had penis fracture surgery 2 weeks ago to repair the right corpus.  Surgery was 28 hours after incident and lasted about an hour .  The doc said the surgery was good.  I had a follow up yesterday and he mentioned that he saw nerve damage and repaired that as well.  The stitches are supposed to dissolve in a month.

Questions
- is a full recovery likely after this surgery?  
- how long after surgery is an erection expected?  I assume the stitches need to dissolve first? Will am erection just happen at some point?
-

Answer
Ray:

28 hours is a little long to wait on this type of surgery.  In general, most patients recover from this surgery if done properly and within reasonable time frame.  There is no set time after the surgery to expect an erection to occur.  It doesn't have to wait for the stitches to dissolve.  Another month would not be unreasonable to wait.

Urology

Stephen W. Leslie, MD