I always have a transparent fluid comes out of my penis very early when aroused even with a flaccid penis and before erection. I am not sure why this happens and it is really embarrasing. About 5 years ago I had a spiral CT done for a kidney stone and it showed some prostatic calcification and the urologist at that time said it is not significant. could this excessively flowing fluid be related to prostatitis?

Any clue?

The fluid is unrelated to the kidney stone or to prostatitis.  It is called "pre-cum" and is perfectly normal.  Its the secretions from the peri-urethral glands designed to prepare the urethra for the semen that will be coming soon.  Since it is normal, no treatment is needed.  

Stephen W. Leslie, MD

Questions concerning erectile dysfunction, kidney stones and prostate disorders including prostate cancer. I have a special interest in kidney stone disease prevention.

Full time practicing urologist with 30 years experience. Associate Professor of Surgery and Chief of Urology at Creighton University Medical Center. Editor in Chief of eMedicine Urology internet textbook. Author of only NIH approved book written for patients by a urologist on the subject of kidney stones "The Kidney Stones Handbook". Inventor of the "Parachute" and "Escape" kidney stone baskets and the "Calculus" stone prevention analysis computer program.

American Urological Association, Ohio State Medical Association, Sexual Medicine Society

Men's Health, Journal of Urology, Urology, Healthwatch Magazine, Emergency Medicine Monthly, eMedicine, "The Kidney Stones Handbook", and numerous articles in various newspapers. He is also the editor of the Urology Board Review by McGraw-Hill used by urologists to study for their Board Certification Examinations.

Graduate of New York Medical College with residencies completed at Metropolitan Hospital New York, Albany Medical Center and University of Wisconsin-Madison.

Thirlby Award of the American Urological Association. Rated as one the country's Best Urologists by the Independent Consumer's Research Institute