You are here:

Urology/Scar on penis


I have a scar on the under side of my penis shaft, its from having a sebaceous cyst surgically remove,. It's sort of sunken but still flat, and it color is darker then the rest of my skin. It's about the size of half a dime coin, is there anything medical I can have done to correct this issue and what type of doctor should I look for? my urologist was the doctor who remove the cyst, but hasn't helped or gave me any info on how to help with my issue.


Most people would not be too concerned about the cosmetic appearance of the skin on the underside of the penis.  There is probably not much to be done about the color as scar tissue heals with colors other than skin color at times.  If you are not getting much help from your current urologist, you can get a second opinion from another urologist or a plastic surgeon.  However, in most such cases, my advice is to leave it alone unless the healed area in question is truly bothersome.


All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Stephen W. Leslie, MD


Questions concerning erectile dysfunction, kidney stones and prostate disorders including prostate cancer. I have a special interest in kidney stone disease prevention.


Full time practicing urologist with 30 years experience. Associate Professor of Surgery and Chief of Urology at Creighton University Medical Center. Editor in Chief of eMedicine Urology internet textbook. Author of only NIH approved book written for patients by a urologist on the subject of kidney stones "The Kidney Stones Handbook". Inventor of the "Parachute" and "Escape" kidney stone baskets and the "Calculus" stone prevention analysis computer program.

American Urological Association, Ohio State Medical Association, Sexual Medicine Society

Men's Health, Journal of Urology, Urology, Healthwatch Magazine, Emergency Medicine Monthly, eMedicine, "The Kidney Stones Handbook", and numerous articles in various newspapers. He is also the editor of the Urology Board Review by McGraw-Hill used by urologists to study for their Board Certification Examinations.

Graduate of New York Medical College with residencies completed at Metropolitan Hospital New York, Albany Medical Center and University of Wisconsin-Madison.

Awards and Honors
Thirlby Award of the American Urological Association. Rated as one the country's Best Urologists by the Independent Consumer's Research Institute

©2017 All rights reserved.