Urology/urinating

Question
I am a 53 year old female.  Perfect health, regular exerciser, perfect weight.  One day, a year ago, I noticed my urine stream changed.  It had always been a "full blast", and suddenly it was a tiny stream.  I waited about a month, then went to my gynecologist.  She found nothing and did an ultrasound.  Found nothing and suggested I do kegel exercises.  Months went by and nothing changed.  I have now noticed another change….there seems to be some pressure (not pain) right around my belly button and just below.  I also now don't "feel" myself urinating.  I know I am doing it and can stop and start, however, it's as if I can't feel it.  I know this sounds ridiculous, but that's the best way I can describe it.  I am an excellent water drinker, and really don't drink anything else.  I have also noticed that the frequency of urinating has gone down dramatically.  I have no swelling in my legs.  I started looking on the internet for answers, but that has only worried me.  Any thoughts???  Thank you

Answer
Robin:

This seems quite odd.  You could have a urethral stricture.  Some women will benefit from a urethral dilation or stretching and this may be worth a try.  If you have a urologist who specializes in women or a urogynecologist, consider a consultation.

Urology

Stephen W. Leslie, MD