Urology/urine issues

I have a concern,  for the past 2 months I have not been able to drink too much because I just feel boated as if I don't urinate enough. For example I haven't drank beer or alcohol because when I drink I don't urinate while I drink maybe just a little when I go or I force my self. The next morning I will go just small urination, not relieving at all to what I drank. What do you think is causing this? I have never had these issues before.

I can't explain your symptom.  If you drink more, especially alcohol which is a diuretic or "water pill" type drug, you should create more urine and void more.

As far as your feeling bloated, this is a sensation which may or may not indicate your fluid status.  Maybe it's a bowel issue, pregnancy or some other issue.  Check with your physician to find out.

Stephen W. Leslie, MD

Questions concerning erectile dysfunction, kidney stones and prostate disorders including prostate cancer. I have a special interest in kidney stone disease prevention.

Full time practicing urologist with 30 years experience. Associate Professor of Surgery and Chief of Urology at Creighton University Medical Center. Editor in Chief of eMedicine Urology internet textbook. Author of only NIH approved book written for patients by a urologist on the subject of kidney stones "The Kidney Stones Handbook". Inventor of the "Parachute" and "Escape" kidney stone baskets and the "Calculus" stone prevention analysis computer program.

American Urological Association, Ohio State Medical Association, Sexual Medicine Society

Men's Health, Journal of Urology, Urology, Healthwatch Magazine, Emergency Medicine Monthly, eMedicine, "The Kidney Stones Handbook", and numerous articles in various newspapers. He is also the editor of the Urology Board Review by McGraw-Hill used by urologists to study for their Board Certification Examinations.

Graduate of New York Medical College with residencies completed at Metropolitan Hospital New York, Albany Medical Center and University of Wisconsin-Madison.

Thirlby Award of the American Urological Association. Rated as one the country's Best Urologists by the Independent Consumer's Research Institute