Urology/Correcting upward penils curvature with the use of andropenis extender.

Dear Dr Leslie,

I have a penis which is facing upwards when it is erected, but I do not know how many degrees is my curvature. Anyway, I bought Andropenis penis extender to correct this upwards bending, BUT and here comes my question I am not sure if when my penis is attached to the device should face downwards or upwards. The manual of andropenis device states "The device must  be worn towards the opposite side of the curvature".
Do you agree with that? I want to be sure which direction should face the extender when I use it because I do not want to cause more harm (raising curvature degrees) instead of good.

Simultaneously, I use 1000 mg l arginine and 1000 mg l- carnitine everyday.

I wait for your answer with great anxiety!Please be as clear and simple to your answer
To my question since my English is not good at all!

Best regards,

God bless you

First you should know that Andropenis or any similar extender is not FDA approved for straightening the penis and that there are risks involved.  It could damage the nerves or blood vessels which don't stretch the way fibrous tissue can.  In other words, you may straighten the penis but lose some sensation.  The risk is all on you.

While there are some reports that suggest it can be helpful, the device requires that you wear it 6-9 hours a day for months to see a noticeable improvement.

I have no personal experience with the device so I can't advise you on how to use it.  I would suggest, if you choose to use it, that you follow the supplied directions.  

If the device causes pain or discomfort, you may have the tension too tight and should adjust it.

Stephen W. Leslie, MD

Questions concerning erectile dysfunction, kidney stones and prostate disorders including prostate cancer. I have a special interest in kidney stone disease prevention.

Full time practicing urologist with 30 years experience. Associate Professor of Surgery and Chief of Urology at Creighton University Medical Center. Editor in Chief of eMedicine Urology internet textbook. Author of only NIH approved book written for patients by a urologist on the subject of kidney stones "The Kidney Stones Handbook". Inventor of the "Parachute" and "Escape" kidney stone baskets and the "Calculus" stone prevention analysis computer program.

American Urological Association, Ohio State Medical Association, Sexual Medicine Society

Men's Health, Journal of Urology, Urology, Healthwatch Magazine, Emergency Medicine Monthly, eMedicine, "The Kidney Stones Handbook", and numerous articles in various newspapers. He is also the editor of the Urology Board Review by McGraw-Hill used by urologists to study for their Board Certification Examinations.

Graduate of New York Medical College with residencies completed at Metropolitan Hospital New York, Albany Medical Center and University of Wisconsin-Madison.

Thirlby Award of the American Urological Association. Rated as one the country's Best Urologists by the Independent Consumer's Research Institute