Urology/Heaviness in Uretha

Question
Hello, Dr. Leslie;
Thank you for volunteering for this service.

I am a 59 yo white male in good physical condition.  I had my annual physical in June, which included a digital prostate exam as well as PSA level check in the blood sample - all results were good.

I have recently been experience a heaviness in the uretha.  I looked on a search engine, and all references that I found are to having the heaviness coupled with pain or stinging.  I have no pain whatsoever. I feel that it may be the start of an infection, but wanted to know what your opinion might be.  I understand that without an exam it may be difficult, but if your experience could help with this, I would appreciate your thoughts.   Thanks much!

Answer
Mike:

In all honesty, I have not had anyone in over 30 years ask me about isolated "heaviness" in the urethra.  However, if I did, my first impression would be an early infection of the urethra or prostate.  Try sitting in a hot tub for 10 minutes twice a day.  This sometimes helps.  If this is not successful, contact your local physician or consult a urologist.

Urology

Stephen W. Leslie, MD