Urology/Red spots and papules on glans

red spots glans
red spots glans  

I have had some red spots and papule-like bumps on glans for about two years. I went to a doctor and she told me it's not something to worry about, it's mostly from the penis being too dry and has told me to buy some Miconazole. I have used it for more than three weeks, but it hasn't really changed much.

It doesn't hurt or affect me in any other way, so I didn't really give it much thought.

This morning i have noticed a couple more red spots appearing and it got me worried.

Can you have a look?

Thank you

Sorry, but we don't give specific or individual advice on skin lesions on the penis.  While most of these are not dangerous, there is always the possibility of something serious.  Please check with your local physician or consult with a dermatologist as they are the experts in skin lesions of this type.  

Stephen W. Leslie, MD

Questions concerning erectile dysfunction, kidney stones and prostate disorders including prostate cancer. I have a special interest in kidney stone disease prevention.

Full time practicing urologist with 30 years experience. Associate Professor of Surgery and Chief of Urology at Creighton University Medical Center. Editor in Chief of eMedicine Urology internet textbook. Author of only NIH approved book written for patients by a urologist on the subject of kidney stones "The Kidney Stones Handbook". Inventor of the "Parachute" and "Escape" kidney stone baskets and the "Calculus" stone prevention analysis computer program.

American Urological Association, Ohio State Medical Association, Sexual Medicine Society

Men's Health, Journal of Urology, Urology, Healthwatch Magazine, Emergency Medicine Monthly, eMedicine, "The Kidney Stones Handbook", and numerous articles in various newspapers. He is also the editor of the Urology Board Review by McGraw-Hill used by urologists to study for their Board Certification Examinations.

Graduate of New York Medical College with residencies completed at Metropolitan Hospital New York, Albany Medical Center and University of Wisconsin-Madison.

Thirlby Award of the American Urological Association. Rated as one the country's Best Urologists by the Independent Consumer's Research Institute