Urology/Exessive precum and ED

Question
Hi Dr. Leslie,
Many thanks for giving patients the opportunity to discuss their problems with you. I'm 42 with a history of masturbation for years. From 5 years ago I have many precum upon a very little sexual excitement. This discharge made my erections very soft and short. This fluid dose not contain sperm (I examined it under microscope) but I don't know it originate from vesicle seminal or Cowper glands. The urinary infection and prostate inflammation has also been ruled out (normal PSA). I tried Citalopram, Finasteride, various vitamins and minerals, and even Tadalifil, but no one treated my problem. Do you think I have erectile dysfunction? Is there any solution for this condition.
Thank you again and God bless you.

Answer
Nader:

Precum does not make the erections soft or short.  The fluid may contain some sperm so don't assume that it will always be sperm free.  The fluid typically comes from Cowper's glands and from the peri-urethral glands. Usually, finasteride is the best available treatment for excessive pre-cum, but since pre-cum is not abnormal we don't usually treat it.  

If your erections are consistently inadequate for sexual intercourse, then you have ED.  If so, treatments are available.  Talk to your physicians about what to do next.  

Urology

Stephen W. Leslie, MD