Urology/HPV??

Question
Gland
Gland  

Shaft
Shaft  
Dear Dr. Leslie,

I am 21yo Male. I have these bumps on my penis and I am not sure if that is a sign of the HPV virus. My girlfriend got HPV from me and she has abnormal cells on her cervix and we are waiting for her doctor'results. I am not sure if my HPV is active or not, is there any way to test whether you are infected or not? and to test which type of HPV I could have?
I have been to a dermatologist, but she only looked at it for about 2s and said that it is nothing to worry about that it's just something to do with the glands and gave my Polysan cream for the night. Can You please tell me your opinion on this? Thank You very much

Answer
Sorry, but we are not permitted to give specific advice or diagnoses on this forum; just answer general questions. In addition, it would be extremely unreliable and possibly even dangerous to try and make a diagnosis and suggest treatment based only on a brief description and/or a picture, particularly of a skin lesion on the penis or male genitalia.
Most of the time, skin lesions on the male genitals are quite benign with cysts, allergic reactions and infections like yeast or Herpes being the most common findings.  Sexually transmitted diseases can also cause visible skin lesions.  That is why we recommend that you contact your dermatologist if the lesions don't disappear as they are the most experienced experts in skin problems of the male genitalia.

Urology

Stephen W. Leslie, MD