Urology/severe burning sensation during urination and persistent

Question
I am a male 72 yrs having severe burning sensation during urination and otherwise for the last 2 yrs. My blood tests all are normal especially PSA values.The  prostate size initially in jan 2013 was 32cc which shrunk to 17cc in June 2013 after  continued medicationnunder a Urologist. But the  problem still persisted.Then Cystoscopy / TURp was done in Aug 2013 and I was assured by the Dr. that the problem will be solved.But even after this the problem continued.I am still under medications under different Urologist  and the latest Urethra calibration and Urithra Xray indicate a Stricture in the Prostate region.Is this the  problem for the  severe continous burning  sensation.The Dr.suggests anothrb Cystoscopy for treating Stricture.What is your expert Advice.Will this solve my problem.What are the problem triggering food items that has to be avoided.

Answer
Sivadasan:

I suspect the urethral stricture may be responsible for at least some of your discomfort and it should probably be treated.

As for food, typically high potassium foods like raisins and bananas can cause burning.  We also typically recommend avoiding caffeine, alcohol and hot spices.

Urology

Stephen W. Leslie, MD