Urology/urination problems

Question
dr leslie,as I told you in my many e-mails I have enlarged prostate.lately ill go 17 hours with very little pee,then nect day ill urinate regular.when they checked my bladder last weel there was not much urine in it.this on and off urinating can it damage kidney,urine showed no infection.im 81 and pooor candicate for operation.catherer gives rise to infections.is there minimum invasive surgery that could be performed in doctors office with local anthesiamy cardiologist thinks turp would be   risky with mild a-fib333

Answer
Howard

TURP surgery can be safely done for men in their 80's with atrial fib.  There is no safe and effective office procedure although some have done laser procedures in the office.  Not all prostates can be do e this way and.it is much safer and less painful to do it in a hospital rather than an office.

Urology

Stephen W. Leslie, MD