Urology/venous leakage

Question
My spouse always has some semen leakage in his underwear.  We have to use the drug Ed Ex because he is plated & pinned from a fall in the pelvis.  Can you have venous leakage occur without arousal?  I sometimes think he gets on porn sites & gets aroused & that is why the leakage or can the leakage occur at anytime without any arousal?

Answer
Gina:

I assume you mean the drug Edex not Ed Ex.  Edex is an injectable medication that causes erections by direct action on the arteries and smooth muscle tissue in the penis.

Venous leakage can occur without arousal, but it would not mean anything clinically and would not cause any semen leakage.

With a pelvic fracture, some nerve injury may have also occurred that could be responsible for some of the semen leakage.  It could also be precum or even prostatic secretions.

Urology

Stephen W. Leslie, MD