Urology/white flat spots on my boyfriend penis

back side
back side  

newer spots
newer spots  
Two or three months ago my boyfriend noticed that he has some really small (pen like) white/flesh absolutely flat-skin spots on his penis. (since that we had sex only once) Many were on the back side of his penis and only a few on the front side... Now those on the back side look like they have expanded ( and connected? ) and more appeared on the front side ( still very small, like the ones on the back side used to look...) Worried that it may be HPV he start using Aciklovir ( almost 3 weeks ago) in hope to stop the spreading of the virus, but nothing changed for better... Those pictures that I'am sending you are after using aciklovir for 10 days or so... what do you think it looks like and what type of testing he can do to find out what is the problem and if it's some STI. Also... should I do some testings too?

Looking forward for your reply

Sorry, but we are not permitted to give specific advice or diagnoses on this forum; just answer general questions. In addition, it would be extremely unreliable and possibly even dangerous to try and make a diagnosis and suggest treatment based only on a brief description and/or a picture, particularly of a skin lesion on the penis or male genitalia.
Most of the time, skin lesions on the male genitals are quite benign with cysts, allergic reactions and infections like yeast or Herpes being the most common findings.  Sexually transmitted diseases can also cause visible skin lesions.  That is why we recommend that you contact your regular physician or consult a local dermatologist as they are the most experienced experts in skin problems of the male genitalia.

Stephen W. Leslie, MD

Questions concerning erectile dysfunction, kidney stones and prostate disorders including prostate cancer. I have a special interest in kidney stone disease prevention.

Full time practicing urologist with 30 years experience. Associate Professor of Surgery and Chief of Urology at Creighton University Medical Center. Editor in Chief of eMedicine Urology internet textbook. Author of only NIH approved book written for patients by a urologist on the subject of kidney stones "The Kidney Stones Handbook". Inventor of the "Parachute" and "Escape" kidney stone baskets and the "Calculus" stone prevention analysis computer program.

American Urological Association, Ohio State Medical Association, Sexual Medicine Society

Men's Health, Journal of Urology, Urology, Healthwatch Magazine, Emergency Medicine Monthly, eMedicine, "The Kidney Stones Handbook", and numerous articles in various newspapers. He is also the editor of the Urology Board Review by McGraw-Hill used by urologists to study for their Board Certification Examinations.

Graduate of New York Medical College with residencies completed at Metropolitan Hospital New York, Albany Medical Center and University of Wisconsin-Madison.

Thirlby Award of the American Urological Association. Rated as one the country's Best Urologists by the Independent Consumer's Research Institute