Urology/cysts development

greeting dr stephen
i appreciate your answer

please, do you think my prostate congestion can facilitate cysts formation?.. how can i prevent it ?   

and what natural remedies can dissolve kidney stones without a side effect on fertility? :)

have a good day dr.

I'm not really sure what "prostate congestion" is.  It is not a medical diagnosis.  We have enlargement, cancer, infection and inflammation but not "congestion".  It is supposed to suggest excess fluid in the prostate causing voiding issues, but this really doesn't happen unless there is pre-existing infection and/or enlargement.

Cysts in the prostate are relatively uncommon.  The best way to avoid them is to have any prostate disorders treated.

There are no natural remedies to dissolve kidney stones. In some cases of pure uric acid stones, you can dissolve them with Potassium citrate or sodium bicarbonate which alkalinize the urine.  But most stones are calcium oxalate or calcium phosphate and are literally rock hard.  There are no natural remedies or medications that will dissolve these; they either have to pass by themselves or be surgically treated by a urologist.  

Stephen W. Leslie, MD

Questions concerning erectile dysfunction, kidney stones and prostate disorders including prostate cancer. I have a special interest in kidney stone disease prevention.

Full time practicing urologist with 30 years experience. Associate Professor of Surgery and Chief of Urology at Creighton University Medical Center. Editor in Chief of eMedicine Urology internet textbook. Author of only NIH approved book written for patients by a urologist on the subject of kidney stones "The Kidney Stones Handbook". Inventor of the "Parachute" and "Escape" kidney stone baskets and the "Calculus" stone prevention analysis computer program.

American Urological Association, Ohio State Medical Association, Sexual Medicine Society

Men's Health, Journal of Urology, Urology, Healthwatch Magazine, Emergency Medicine Monthly, eMedicine, "The Kidney Stones Handbook", and numerous articles in various newspapers. He is also the editor of the Urology Board Review by McGraw-Hill used by urologists to study for their Board Certification Examinations.

Graduate of New York Medical College with residencies completed at Metropolitan Hospital New York, Albany Medical Center and University of Wisconsin-Madison.

Thirlby Award of the American Urological Association. Rated as one the country's Best Urologists by the Independent Consumer's Research Institute