QUESTION: Hello dr... I occasionally have situational ed and my penis sometimes looks funny when its flaccid.. is it possible wjen I was younger and tugged on my flaccod penis I ripped it up and now its broken?  Im so worried?

ANSWER: Garret

By definition, situational ED is psychogenic and not physical.  Flaccid appearance of the penis that otherwise works OK rarely, if ever, suggests damage.  I wouldn't worry about it, but discuss it with your physician at your next visit.

QUESTION: Also occasionally after I masturbate my penis has a dull ache... its been very bad these past few days because im terrified I have peyronies.  Isssomething wrong with me?

Other than questionable typing skills and some anxiety, I doubt there is much wrong with you.  Your admitted anxiety over Peyronie's is an example.  An occasional dull ache after masturbation is not diagnostic or even suggestive of Peyronie's.

Stephen W. Leslie, MD

Questions concerning erectile dysfunction, kidney stones and prostate disorders including prostate cancer. I have a special interest in kidney stone disease prevention.

Full time practicing urologist with 30 years experience. Associate Professor of Surgery and Chief of Urology at Creighton University Medical Center. Editor in Chief of eMedicine Urology internet textbook. Author of only NIH approved book written for patients by a urologist on the subject of kidney stones "The Kidney Stones Handbook". Inventor of the "Parachute" and "Escape" kidney stone baskets and the "Calculus" stone prevention analysis computer program.

American Urological Association, Ohio State Medical Association, Sexual Medicine Society

Men's Health, Journal of Urology, Urology, Healthwatch Magazine, Emergency Medicine Monthly, eMedicine, "The Kidney Stones Handbook", and numerous articles in various newspapers. He is also the editor of the Urology Board Review by McGraw-Hill used by urologists to study for their Board Certification Examinations.

Graduate of New York Medical College with residencies completed at Metropolitan Hospital New York, Albany Medical Center and University of Wisconsin-Madison.

Thirlby Award of the American Urological Association. Rated as one the country's Best Urologists by the Independent Consumer's Research Institute