Im curious sometimes with my girlfriend I cant get it up but sometimes I can.. and I almost never get morning wood.. the only time I get morning wood that lasts long is when I took cialis.. im so scared. Im only 22.

It's very rare to have someone in your age group without a major trauma or surgery develop ED that isn't psychogenic or psychological in nature.  In other words, it's most likely your anxiety that is the issue.

Morning wood or morning erections normally tend to be intermittent; sometimes you have them and sometimes you don't.  

The fact that your erections are sometimes good indicates emotional issues as at least part of the cause.  If the tissue, nerves or blood vessels were damaged, then the ED would tend to be permanent.

Stephen W. Leslie, MD

Questions concerning erectile dysfunction, kidney stones and prostate disorders including prostate cancer. I have a special interest in kidney stone disease prevention.

Full time practicing urologist with 30 years experience. Associate Professor of Surgery and Chief of Urology at Creighton University Medical Center. Editor in Chief of eMedicine Urology internet textbook. Author of only NIH approved book written for patients by a urologist on the subject of kidney stones "The Kidney Stones Handbook". Inventor of the "Parachute" and "Escape" kidney stone baskets and the "Calculus" stone prevention analysis computer program.

American Urological Association, Ohio State Medical Association, Sexual Medicine Society

Men's Health, Journal of Urology, Urology, Healthwatch Magazine, Emergency Medicine Monthly, eMedicine, "The Kidney Stones Handbook", and numerous articles in various newspapers. He is also the editor of the Urology Board Review by McGraw-Hill used by urologists to study for their Board Certification Examinations.

Graduate of New York Medical College with residencies completed at Metropolitan Hospital New York, Albany Medical Center and University of Wisconsin-Madison.

Thirlby Award of the American Urological Association. Rated as one the country's Best Urologists by the Independent Consumer's Research Institute