dear doctor....after 4 episodes of clinical or major depression I have been 3 years without sexual intercourses with my wife....I do not believe that it is due to the antidepressants I am taking now. Even sexual interest is low. According with one sexologist my prolactina is high but the medicines to get it low can not be found in Venezuela. I do not desire to have sex even with prostitutes who are younger than my wife.
What do you recomend to me?
Thank you

There are no easy solutions.  Your testosterone needs to be checked and corrected if abnormal.  If you have a high prolactin level and the required medications to lower this are not available in your country, you may need to consider surgery to fix the problem.  

Most of the time, loss of libido in people with depression is due to the depression.

You need to talk to your treating physicians to see what can be done to help your situation.

Stephen W. Leslie, MD

Questions concerning erectile dysfunction, kidney stones and prostate disorders including prostate cancer. I have a special interest in kidney stone disease prevention.

Full time practicing urologist with 30 years experience. Associate Professor of Surgery and Chief of Urology at Creighton University Medical Center. Editor in Chief of eMedicine Urology internet textbook. Author of only NIH approved book written for patients by a urologist on the subject of kidney stones "The Kidney Stones Handbook". Inventor of the "Parachute" and "Escape" kidney stone baskets and the "Calculus" stone prevention analysis computer program.

American Urological Association, Ohio State Medical Association, Sexual Medicine Society

Men's Health, Journal of Urology, Urology, Healthwatch Magazine, Emergency Medicine Monthly, eMedicine, "The Kidney Stones Handbook", and numerous articles in various newspapers. He is also the editor of the Urology Board Review by McGraw-Hill used by urologists to study for their Board Certification Examinations.

Graduate of New York Medical College with residencies completed at Metropolitan Hospital New York, Albany Medical Center and University of Wisconsin-Madison.

Thirlby Award of the American Urological Association. Rated as one the country's Best Urologists by the Independent Consumer's Research Institute