Urology/hourglass

Question
QUESTION: Hey dr I emailed you last week. Im sorry to bother you again. My penis when its flaccod or semi erect sometimes gets tight in the middle then eventually fills up when i touch it or when I get an erection.  People say its normal and spme say peyronies.. I have no idea what think

ANSWER: Devin:
An hourglass configuration when rigid suggests Peyronie's but you describe something less.  While not normal, it is also not yet Peyronie's.  To settle this, you may want to check with a local urologist.

Since it doesn't last when the penis is rigid, to me it is not Peyronie's.  

QUESTION: Do you have any idea what it could be?

ANSWER: Devin

The nature of the lesion cannot be determined from the available information provided.

QUESTION: Im terrified that its peyronies.... I thought it was pretty rare in young guys. Im sorry dr im freaking out about this

Answer
Devin:

Don't freak out.  Whether it's Peyronie's or not, it isn't bothering you much right now and no effect on your sexual performance.  You're freaking out and becoming anxious over this isn't helping.

Without an exam, I can't give you any reliable diagnostic guidance as to whether or not its Peyronie's.  You'll need to see a local physician.

You are correct that peyronie's is uncommon in the younger age groups, but that by itself is no guarantee.

Urology

Stephen W. Leslie, MD