Urology/Sudden onset erectile disfunction

Question
Hi

Im a 27 year old male. Always had a very health sex life but i suddenly find myself with no libido and unable to get an erection. This is all of a sudden for the past four days. Possible causes? I have recently tried 50mg viagra which did not help? I currently have a cold /cnstipation and recieved some very bad news last week but only feel moderatlly stressed. This problem really worries me as i can no longer get an erection and have no libido. I am not currently on any medication. Please help me to find the cause/solution? Thanks

Answer
Chris:

The only known causes of a sudden loss of erection ability and libido is a sudden drop in testosterone levels, such as after surgical removal of the testicles, or associated with depression.  Since you didn't have any surgery, the "very bad news" you received is probably the underlying cause of your problem.  You should talk to your local physician or consult a urologist for more specific help.  

Urology

Stephen W. Leslie, MD