Urology/urination

Question
dr leslie I know I asked you this question before,but your answer was knocked off by my computer.could urinating every hour from bph by itself damage or hurt the kidneys.if no blockage how long can you continue

Answer
Howard

You are right that you have asked this before.  Frequent urination does not generally harm the bladder or kidneys unless it is caused by blockage from BPH or neurogenic problems.  The time it takes to develop harm depends on the nature and severity of the problem. If you have frequent urination, consult a urologist and have it checked. Most of the time it can be treated medically.

Urology

Stephen W. Leslie, MD