Urology/Too much pre ejaculate, right testicle hanging lower

Question
QUESTION: Hello,
Well, the title pretty much sums it up. I am a guy who makes too much pre ejaculate where it goes through my underwear. I also continue to leak after I ejaculate for up to an hour and a half. Sometimes I release transparent fluid while exercising, or after a hot shower, or while having a bowel movement. Is all of this normal? Is there a way to stop or at least reduce the amount of pre ejaculate produced? I heard about antihistamines and I take some, but they don't seem to help at all.

Also, my right testicle hangs lower than me left one and I know that usually it is the opposite. Is this normal? Does it have any relation to my pre ejaculate's production?

Thank you very much in advance!

ANSWER: Martin:

It is not unusual for one testicle to hang lower than the other.  There is no rule that states it must be the left or the right and it is certainly unrelated to pre-ejaculate production.

Fluid is released from the prostate after a large BM due to pressure from the stool on the base of the prostate.  

There is no specific remedy for "too much pre-ejaculate", but some have found a benefit from finasteride.  Talk to your physician about trying this.

QUESTION: Thank you for your answer! I just want to ask some more things: why is that I sometimes leak this transparent fluid, while/after a hot shower and exercising? Is this again related to pressure on the prostate gland? And isn't the prostate secretion having a milky appearance and not a transparent one like the pre-ejaculate?
Also, would you recommend finasteride for reducing the amount of pre - ejaculatory fluid? I read about all of the side effects of the medicine and I am not sure it is worth it to try it.

Answer
Martin:

Unclear why the fluid leaks after exercise or a hot shower.  Unlikely to be pressure on the prostate gland depending on the type of exercise.

Prostate secretions may be milky or close to transparent.

Finasteride, like all medications, has a long list of possible side effects.  The vast majority of people who take the medication don't have any side effects.  The side effect listing is required by law and regulation; it often has little relevance in the real world and is often there to protect the manufacturer from lawsuits.

In your case, finasteride may or may not work.  If it doesn't work or you develop a side effect, just stop it.  

Since we really don't have any other treatments, the choice is yours.  I suggest you discuss this with your physician to review the pros and cons of this approach.  

Urology

Stephen W. Leslie, MD