Urology/temporary swelling of testicle

Good day doc. I have a problem regarding my right testicle because it becomes swollen after a hard work. It returns to its normal position after a couple of hours or sometimes a day. I thought of it as a hernia so I cough while observing my balls. I felt no pain and no lump formed but I noticed that my right testicle isn't responding. One day, I have over ejaculated and felt pain on my testicle. I read your articles regarding swollen vas deferens which is quite related. I really want to know what is my problem, and if there is a home treatment or medications I should intake as a solution? Thank you very much.

We don't have a clear diagnosis yet.  Your symptoms are more suggestive of a hernia rather than a pure testicular problem.  Your description of "over ejaculation" does not clarify the diagnosis sufficiently to be reliable.

I suggest you talk to your regular physician or consult a general surgeon to absolutely verify if its a hernia or not first.

Stephen W. Leslie, MD

Questions concerning erectile dysfunction, kidney stones and prostate disorders including prostate cancer. I have a special interest in kidney stone disease prevention.

Full time practicing urologist with 30 years experience. Associate Professor of Surgery and Chief of Urology at Creighton University Medical Center. Editor in Chief of eMedicine Urology internet textbook. Author of only NIH approved book written for patients by a urologist on the subject of kidney stones "The Kidney Stones Handbook". Inventor of the "Parachute" and "Escape" kidney stone baskets and the "Calculus" stone prevention analysis computer program.

American Urological Association, Ohio State Medical Association, Sexual Medicine Society

Men's Health, Journal of Urology, Urology, Healthwatch Magazine, Emergency Medicine Monthly, eMedicine, "The Kidney Stones Handbook", and numerous articles in various newspapers. He is also the editor of the Urology Board Review by McGraw-Hill used by urologists to study for their Board Certification Examinations.

Graduate of New York Medical College with residencies completed at Metropolitan Hospital New York, Albany Medical Center and University of Wisconsin-Madison.

Thirlby Award of the American Urological Association. Rated as one the country's Best Urologists by the Independent Consumer's Research Institute