Urology/temporary swelling of testicle

Question
Good day doc. I have a problem regarding my right testicle because it becomes swollen after a hard work. It returns to its normal position after a couple of hours or sometimes a day. I thought of it as a hernia so I cough while observing my balls. I felt no pain and no lump formed but I noticed that my right testicle isn't responding. One day, I have over ejaculated and felt pain on my testicle. I read your articles regarding swollen vas deferens which is quite related. I really want to know what is my problem, and if there is a home treatment or medications I should intake as a solution? Thank you very much.

Answer
Axel:

We don't have a clear diagnosis yet.  Your symptoms are more suggestive of a hernia rather than a pure testicular problem.  Your description of "over ejaculation" does not clarify the diagnosis sufficiently to be reliable.

I suggest you talk to your regular physician or consult a general surgeon to absolutely verify if its a hernia or not first.

Urology

Stephen W. Leslie, MD