Urology/Urine leak

Respected doctor,
     I am a 19 years old male.  My problem is that after urinating, some urine still stays and gets leaked when I go out of bathroom and  sit somewhere else. It produces nasty smell as well This problem is for a long time. Please help me solve this problem doctor.

You have post void dribbling.  This is common as after voiding there is a little urine that remains in a small pocket in the bulbous urethra just outside the sphincter.  This often dribbles out over the next few minutes after voiding.

The best solution is to press the urine out before you leave the toilet.  Press your fingers under the base of the scrotum and then move them forward towards the base of the penis.  This will express the little bit of urine that would otherwise dribble out.  

Stephen W. Leslie, MD

Questions concerning erectile dysfunction, kidney stones and prostate disorders including prostate cancer. I have a special interest in kidney stone disease prevention.

Full time practicing urologist with 30 years experience. Associate Professor of Surgery and Chief of Urology at Creighton University Medical Center. Editor in Chief of eMedicine Urology internet textbook. Author of only NIH approved book written for patients by a urologist on the subject of kidney stones "The Kidney Stones Handbook". Inventor of the "Parachute" and "Escape" kidney stone baskets and the "Calculus" stone prevention analysis computer program.

American Urological Association, Ohio State Medical Association, Sexual Medicine Society

Men's Health, Journal of Urology, Urology, Healthwatch Magazine, Emergency Medicine Monthly, eMedicine, "The Kidney Stones Handbook", and numerous articles in various newspapers. He is also the editor of the Urology Board Review by McGraw-Hill used by urologists to study for their Board Certification Examinations.

Graduate of New York Medical College with residencies completed at Metropolitan Hospital New York, Albany Medical Center and University of Wisconsin-Madison.

Thirlby Award of the American Urological Association. Rated as one the country's Best Urologists by the Independent Consumer's Research Institute