Sometimes I have urine leakage. It's a mixture of stress incon and overflow I think. I do not get up at night to pass urine hardly ever maybe 1 or 2 times a year. I do drink a lot of sodas water tea coffee etc

I have been to the gyno had pap smear had u/s everything good.

It doesn't really bother me a lot but wonder if it will cause problems for me in the long run.

I am 39 fem have 3 children one c section though. Also have had a myomectomy 4.5 years ago.
hashimoto since my 20's

Thank you


If it really is just mixed incontinence (urge and stress), then no treatment is absolutely necessary.  If it really is overflow, where the bladder doesn't empty, then it can cause bladder damage, infections, weaken the bladder muscle and lead to stones.

I suggest you see a urologist to sort this out and review your options.


All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Stephen W. Leslie, MD


Questions concerning erectile dysfunction, kidney stones and prostate disorders including prostate cancer. I have a special interest in kidney stone disease prevention.


Full time practicing urologist with 30 years experience. Associate Professor of Surgery and Chief of Urology at Creighton University Medical Center. Editor in Chief of eMedicine Urology internet textbook. Author of only NIH approved book written for patients by a urologist on the subject of kidney stones "The Kidney Stones Handbook". Inventor of the "Parachute" and "Escape" kidney stone baskets and the "Calculus" stone prevention analysis computer program.

American Urological Association, Ohio State Medical Association, Sexual Medicine Society

Men's Health, Journal of Urology, Urology, Healthwatch Magazine, Emergency Medicine Monthly, eMedicine, "The Kidney Stones Handbook", and numerous articles in various newspapers. He is also the editor of the Urology Board Review by McGraw-Hill used by urologists to study for their Board Certification Examinations.

Graduate of New York Medical College with residencies completed at Metropolitan Hospital New York, Albany Medical Center and University of Wisconsin-Madison.

Awards and Honors
Thirlby Award of the American Urological Association. Rated as one the country's Best Urologists by the Independent Consumer's Research Institute

©2017 About.com. All rights reserved.