Urology/Swollen frenulum 6 months after circumcision

Question
side view
side view  

Picture 2
Picture 2  
I am a 24 year old. Earlier this year in June I had to undergo circumcision as recommended by my doctor as a treatment for recurrent balanoposthitis (I am not diabetic). The operation was conducted by a general surgeon. I think its fair to say that it was not a pleasant experience. After the operation I immediately noticed that my frenulum was very swollen and i was very concerned about this and asked my doctor about it too and he constantly reassured me that it will subside. Unfortunately, my frenulum is still swollen and has not subsided 6 months after the surgery. it dosent hurt it doesnt itch. it just feels like extra flesh that was never there. it is way more prominent when the penis is flaccid. I have attached pictures if it helps. . Would request you to please help me understand what is the cause for this as i'm getting really concerned about it.

Guru

Answer
Guru:

I don't thing the frenulum is swollen as there does not appear to be any tension or actual edema in the area.  I thing this is just a bad result from the circumcision with too much skin left in that area.  If I'm correct, then you will either have to live with it or undergo another surgery to fix it.

It's very difficult and unreliable to make any kind of diagnosis over the Internet from just a picture, so I can't be sure about the result.

Please consult a local urologist to see about what can, verify the problem and decide what should be done, if anything.

Urology

Stephen W. Leslie, MD