Urology/Swollen frenulum 6 months after circumcision

side view
side view  

Picture 2
Picture 2  
I am a 24 year old. Earlier this year in June I had to undergo circumcision as recommended by my doctor as a treatment for recurrent balanoposthitis (I am not diabetic). The operation was conducted by a general surgeon. I think its fair to say that it was not a pleasant experience. After the operation I immediately noticed that my frenulum was very swollen and i was very concerned about this and asked my doctor about it too and he constantly reassured me that it will subside. Unfortunately, my frenulum is still swollen and has not subsided 6 months after the surgery. it dosent hurt it doesnt itch. it just feels like extra flesh that was never there. it is way more prominent when the penis is flaccid. I have attached pictures if it helps. . Would request you to please help me understand what is the cause for this as i'm getting really concerned about it.

I don't thing the frenulum is swollen as there does not appear to be any tension or actual edema in the area.  I thing this is just a bad result from the circumcision with too much skin left in that area.  If I'm correct, then you will either have to live with it or undergo another surgery to fix it.

It's very difficult and unreliable to make any kind of diagnosis over the Internet from just a picture, so I can't be sure about the result.

Please consult a local urologist to see about what can, verify the problem and decide what should be done, if anything.

Stephen W. Leslie, MD

Questions concerning erectile dysfunction, kidney stones and prostate disorders including prostate cancer. I have a special interest in kidney stone disease prevention.

Full time practicing urologist with 30 years experience. Associate Professor of Surgery and Chief of Urology at Creighton University Medical Center. Editor in Chief of eMedicine Urology internet textbook. Author of only NIH approved book written for patients by a urologist on the subject of kidney stones "The Kidney Stones Handbook". Inventor of the "Parachute" and "Escape" kidney stone baskets and the "Calculus" stone prevention analysis computer program.

American Urological Association, Ohio State Medical Association, Sexual Medicine Society

Men's Health, Journal of Urology, Urology, Healthwatch Magazine, Emergency Medicine Monthly, eMedicine, "The Kidney Stones Handbook", and numerous articles in various newspapers. He is also the editor of the Urology Board Review by McGraw-Hill used by urologists to study for their Board Certification Examinations.

Graduate of New York Medical College with residencies completed at Metropolitan Hospital New York, Albany Medical Center and University of Wisconsin-Madison.

Thirlby Award of the American Urological Association. Rated as one the country's Best Urologists by the Independent Consumer's Research Institute