Hi,since feb.2014 i have pain in my testicles(mostly on left) and two months ago i got harnia operation but it didnt change anything.i still have pain.One of the other Urologist told me that its varicocele and its not dangerous and with the passage of time it will fade away.
Mostly when i get pain the blood veins which are attached to the testicles ,they swell and shape like a small ball (mostly on left side).and on that time i feel my testicles heavy and somethinv pull my testicles downwards.
I have habit of masturbation but when i do that and as sperms  almost wanna come out i squeez my penis tightly to not let them to come out.
Could you tell me that is it good or bad thing to hold them back and could be this reason of my pain.
I'm waiting for amswer.

We do not recommend holding back the way you do but it will not do any lasting harm. It is not the cause of your pain.

Variciceles are not usually painful but that doesn't mean it isn't possible. I suggest you consider getting a second opinion from another urologist.

Stephen W. Leslie, MD

Questions concerning erectile dysfunction, kidney stones and prostate disorders including prostate cancer. I have a special interest in kidney stone disease prevention.

Full time practicing urologist with 30 years experience. Associate Professor of Surgery and Chief of Urology at Creighton University Medical Center. Editor in Chief of eMedicine Urology internet textbook. Author of only NIH approved book written for patients by a urologist on the subject of kidney stones "The Kidney Stones Handbook". Inventor of the "Parachute" and "Escape" kidney stone baskets and the "Calculus" stone prevention analysis computer program.

American Urological Association, Ohio State Medical Association, Sexual Medicine Society

Men's Health, Journal of Urology, Urology, Healthwatch Magazine, Emergency Medicine Monthly, eMedicine, "The Kidney Stones Handbook", and numerous articles in various newspapers. He is also the editor of the Urology Board Review by McGraw-Hill used by urologists to study for their Board Certification Examinations.

Graduate of New York Medical College with residencies completed at Metropolitan Hospital New York, Albany Medical Center and University of Wisconsin-Madison.

Thirlby Award of the American Urological Association. Rated as one the country's Best Urologists by the Independent Consumer's Research Institute