Urology/Urology

Question
Hi,since feb.2014 i have pain in my testicles(mostly on left) and two months ago i got harnia operation but it didnt change anything.i still have pain.One of the other Urologist told me that its varicocele and its not dangerous and with the passage of time it will fade away.
Mostly when i get pain the blood veins which are attached to the testicles ,they swell and shape like a small ball (mostly on left side).and on that time i feel my testicles heavy and somethinv pull my testicles downwards.
I have habit of masturbation but when i do that and as sperms  almost wanna come out i squeez my penis tightly to not let them to come out.
Could you tell me that is it good or bad thing to hold them back and could be this reason of my pain.
I'm waiting for amswer.

Answer
Rodi

We do not recommend holding back the way you do but it will not do any lasting harm. It is not the cause of your pain.

Variciceles are not usually painful but that doesn't mean it isn't possible. I suggest you consider getting a second opinion from another urologist.

Urology

Stephen W. Leslie, MD