Urology/Intercourse & Cervix

Question
QUESTION: Hello:

During intercourse, is it possible for the penis to contact the cervix?

If so, is it possible for the penis to enter into the opening of the cervix and enter the uterus?

I know that these situations are most likely rare, but are they possible?

I thank you for your replies.

ANSWER: Kenneth:

It is possible for the penis to contact the cervix during intercourse.  It is not possible for the penis to enter the cervical opening or ureterus.

QUESTION: Hello and thanks for the reply!

Why is it not possible to penetrate the cervix? Is the opening just too tight and will not permit any penetration?

I thank you for your follow-up reply.

Answer
Kenneth:

In the first place, there would be very few male organs long enough to reach it.  The more significant answer is that the cervix is closed tight and much too small to allow the penis to enter.  This makes sense as if it did, it could jeopardize a new pregnancy or damage the delicate tissue inside the uterus.

Urology

Stephen W. Leslie, MD