Urology/Painful intercourse then red mark on penis

Question
Hello,
  about a month ago me and the wife was intimate. during the intercourse i felt a sharp pain like something on my penis was cut open or something. The pain lasted maybe 5 sec. it was not that long. but after we both finished i took a look at my penis to see whats going on and i notice from the bottom of my pee hole and all the way to the crown of the penis where the shaft meets the head a red mark like blood under the skin of the penis was present. it wasn't sore and it didnt hurt when i touch it. The mark looks a lot better then it was but its been more then 3 weeks and it still has not healed. and the red spot on the bottom of the pee hole likes to get more bright red when i hold the head tightly. Im tempted to just poke it open to see what happens but im afraid and i don't wanna go to the docs just yet. I wanted to see what i can find here before i go to them. i tired looking online what it could be but i cant find an exact picture that looks like mine. I really need some kind of answer here please. thanks

Answer
Mike:

It's impossible to accurately identify the nature of your lesion from the provided information.  Possibilities include an infection, burst blood vessel or an allergy.  Since it's not getting better quickly, it might be a good idea to have it checked by your physician to make sure it doesn't require additional treatment.  

Urology

Stephen W. Leslie, MD