Urology/Prostate congestion Problm

Dear Dr.
I have some problem with my urinary system.My urologist said its prostate congestion with frequent masterbation. i stopped masturbation during 15 days of medicine period and felt good. But now after long time when i had sex the symptoms are back again.,that include :-
1) Frequent urination
2) not able to empty my bladder
3) heaviness in lower abdomen

There is no pain or any burning during urination and ejaculation.

My medicines was uritab and antibiotics
Please advice.

Dear Emil, When I am asked a question, I can generally provide an answer.  However, when I am contacted by patients who are under the care of a Urologist, and are being treated (e.g.. antibiotics) I am really unable to better advise you than the Doctor who you are seeing.  That doctor gets to talk to you, examine you, evaluate your urine, check to see how well you truly empty your bladder (that can be done with an ultrasound) etc.  You are on antibiotics and yet I do not even know if your urine is infected or not.  I do not have those advantages.  I would advise you followup with your Urologist or get a second opinion as I really can not give you a diagnosis and treatment recommendation based on just an email.  Best of luck.

Joel Gelman, M.D.

Urethral Stricture Disease, Peyronie's Disease and disorders of penile curvature, Erectile Dysfunction with a focus on penile implant surgery, Male Incontinence, Hypospadias

Dr. Gelman is a Board Certified Fellowship Trained expert in Male Reconstructive Urology and the Director of the Center for Reconstructive Urology in the Department of Urology at UC, Irvine Medical Center.

American Urologic Association Society of GU Reconstructive Surgeons (Board of Directors) International Sexual Medicine Society Western Section, Americal Urological Association

Journal of Urology Urology Journal of Endourology

Residency in Urology, UCLA, completed 1995 Fellowship in GU Reconstruction, Devine Center, completed 1997

The Center for Reconstructive Urology is a regional, national, and international Tertiary Referral Center for urethral stricture disease, penile curvature, erectile dysfunction, male incontinence, and other surgical disorders of the male urethra and penis. Patients have travelled from 24 different states and other countries to receive care at the Center for Reconstructive Urology. More information can be found at