Urology/urology

Question
sir..
i have a stone in my kidney for which doctor prescribed me biduret 5mg and noculi  tablet
from 4 5 days i am having low fever with some chest pain..
please,, suggest me about the problem..

Answer
Siddhant:

Biduret is a thiazide based diuretic designed to reduce urinary calcium.  However, we do not know for sure if you have increased urinary calcium or not so it's benefit to you is unclear.

Noculi is a combination of magnesium and potassium citrate.  Again, without a 24 hour urine test to determine the urinary chemical stone promotors, it is not possible to know if this is likely to be helpful.

I would suggest you consult a urologist to review whether or not a surgical procedure should be considered for this stone.  There is also the question of whether or not your new fever and chest pain might be a symptom of something worse.

Urology

Stephen W. Leslie, MD