Urology/vasocongestion like

I am male of 45 years i have the habit of masturbating in face down position rubbing my penis to bed since my childhood now i feel vasocongestion like problem.if i don't masturbate for 2/3 days my area near to my penis and scrotum starts paining along with back pain.In such condition if i masturbate and ejaculate,pain go away.Will you please advice me.

It seems you have connected your feelings of congestion to ejaculation. As such, it may be difficult now to change this sensation as you've been doing it for some time.  Finasteride or similar medications may help reduce the semen production and help with the sensation.  Also try sitting in a hot tub.  Talk to your physician if these simple things don't help.  

Stephen W. Leslie, MD

Questions concerning erectile dysfunction, kidney stones and prostate disorders including prostate cancer. I have a special interest in kidney stone disease prevention.

Full time practicing urologist with 30 years experience. Associate Professor of Surgery and Chief of Urology at Creighton University Medical Center. Editor in Chief of eMedicine Urology internet textbook. Author of only NIH approved book written for patients by a urologist on the subject of kidney stones "The Kidney Stones Handbook". Inventor of the "Parachute" and "Escape" kidney stone baskets and the "Calculus" stone prevention analysis computer program.

American Urological Association, Ohio State Medical Association, Sexual Medicine Society

Men's Health, Journal of Urology, Urology, Healthwatch Magazine, Emergency Medicine Monthly, eMedicine, "The Kidney Stones Handbook", and numerous articles in various newspapers. He is also the editor of the Urology Board Review by McGraw-Hill used by urologists to study for their Board Certification Examinations.

Graduate of New York Medical College with residencies completed at Metropolitan Hospital New York, Albany Medical Center and University of Wisconsin-Madison.

Thirlby Award of the American Urological Association. Rated as one the country's Best Urologists by the Independent Consumer's Research Institute