Urology/Yellowish semen

hi, I was recently shocked to have ejaculated a kind of yellow semen, it was usually white but this time it is a mixture of yellow and white with it being jelly-like.  No pain or whatsoever felt, but hours before ejaculating, I drank a litre of tea (and days before too) and I had not ejaculated ever since I started drinking that.  what could be the problem and how do I fix it?

It's not a problem.  Normal semen color ranges from clear white to yellow.  It's related to hydration status, medications, diet, concentration, etc.  Sometimes there can even be a small amount of blood.  All of this is harmless and usually no treatment is given as there is nothing to "fix".  

Stephen W. Leslie, MD

Questions concerning erectile dysfunction, kidney stones and prostate disorders including prostate cancer. I have a special interest in kidney stone disease prevention.

Full time practicing urologist with 30 years experience. Associate Professor of Surgery and Chief of Urology at Creighton University Medical Center. Editor in Chief of eMedicine Urology internet textbook. Author of only NIH approved book written for patients by a urologist on the subject of kidney stones "The Kidney Stones Handbook". Inventor of the "Parachute" and "Escape" kidney stone baskets and the "Calculus" stone prevention analysis computer program.

American Urological Association, Ohio State Medical Association, Sexual Medicine Society

Men's Health, Journal of Urology, Urology, Healthwatch Magazine, Emergency Medicine Monthly, eMedicine, "The Kidney Stones Handbook", and numerous articles in various newspapers. He is also the editor of the Urology Board Review by McGraw-Hill used by urologists to study for their Board Certification Examinations.

Graduate of New York Medical College with residencies completed at Metropolitan Hospital New York, Albany Medical Center and University of Wisconsin-Madison.

Thirlby Award of the American Urological Association. Rated as one the country's Best Urologists by the Independent Consumer's Research Institute