Urology/8 hour erection

Question
Hi Doc,

I wanted to ask you if I should be concerned. Long story short a urologist injected me for ultrasound.  I ended up with an 8 hour painful erection.  He did not manage any expectations just said matter of factly "this will go down in a couple of hours". I took 2 sudafed and used frozen vegetables to finally bring it down after 8 full hours. Thing is, I feel differently down there and erections now seem painful and tougher to achieve one month later. Is this in my head or is there a chance for damage?  What should I do as I have a follow up appointment in 2 weeks and am a bit apprehensive and angry with this doctor.

Thank you.

Answer
Michael:

The physician should have issued instructions on what to do if the erection remained after 4 hours such as go to the ER where a counteracting agent could have been given.

My suggestion is to discuss this with the physician at your next visit, but if you are uncomfortable continuing or if your questions are not satisfactorily answered, you may be more comfortable with a different urologist.

Urology

Stephen W. Leslie, MD