Urology/burning sensation during Urination.

Dear Sir,

I am once back to ask a simple question,as you are aware of my externally enlarged prostate issue.
I am fine,with Himplasia & Veltam Plus daily once in the morning & night respectively.
Sir,of late I have buring sensation during Urination,especially in the afternoon & also burning sensation on both legs below knees.
Would you kindly advise some mild antibiotics, if at all it is because of
urinary infection & oblige.
Is it calling for some investigation as it subsides of its own after 3/4hours.I am quite comfortable with urination frequency of 2/3times at night.
With warm regards,

You are asking about "mild" antibiotics without having any test cultures or even a confirmed diagnosis.

Burning sensation on urination does suggest a urinary infection but can also indicate a nerve issue called a neuropathy.  This is also suggested by the buring feeling in the legs.  For that reason, I suggest you contact your local physician who can quickly check for infection and determine if a nerve disorder might be present as well.

Stephen W. Leslie, MD

Questions concerning erectile dysfunction, kidney stones and prostate disorders including prostate cancer. I have a special interest in kidney stone disease prevention.

Full time practicing urologist with 30 years experience. Associate Professor of Surgery and Chief of Urology at Creighton University Medical Center. Editor in Chief of eMedicine Urology internet textbook. Author of only NIH approved book written for patients by a urologist on the subject of kidney stones "The Kidney Stones Handbook". Inventor of the "Parachute" and "Escape" kidney stone baskets and the "Calculus" stone prevention analysis computer program.

American Urological Association, Ohio State Medical Association, Sexual Medicine Society

Men's Health, Journal of Urology, Urology, Healthwatch Magazine, Emergency Medicine Monthly, eMedicine, "The Kidney Stones Handbook", and numerous articles in various newspapers. He is also the editor of the Urology Board Review by McGraw-Hill used by urologists to study for their Board Certification Examinations.

Graduate of New York Medical College with residencies completed at Metropolitan Hospital New York, Albany Medical Center and University of Wisconsin-Madison.

Thirlby Award of the American Urological Association. Rated as one the country's Best Urologists by the Independent Consumer's Research Institute