Urology/burning sensation during Urination.

Question
Dear Sir,

I am once back to ask a simple question,as you are aware of my externally enlarged prostate issue.
I am fine,with Himplasia & Veltam Plus daily once in the morning & night respectively.
Sir,of late I have buring sensation during Urination,especially in the afternoon & also burning sensation on both legs below knees.
Would you kindly advise some mild antibiotics, if at all it is because of
urinary infection & oblige.
Is it calling for some investigation as it subsides of its own after 3/4hours.I am quite comfortable with urination frequency of 2/3times at night.
With warm regards,
anil.

Answer
Anil:

You are asking about "mild" antibiotics without having any test cultures or even a confirmed diagnosis.

Burning sensation on urination does suggest a urinary infection but can also indicate a nerve issue called a neuropathy.  This is also suggested by the buring feeling in the legs.  For that reason, I suggest you contact your local physician who can quickly check for infection and determine if a nerve disorder might be present as well.

Urology

Stephen W. Leslie, MD