Urology/Duplex and erection

Question
Doctor

I was concerned about absent morning erections. I seeked a urologist advice and he ordered duplex exam for penile erection function. The result came out normal amd the Doctor told me that there is nothing to worry about.
I am still concerned...does a normal duplex exclude erectile dysfunction?

Thanks

Answer
James:

No, a normal duplex ultrasound of the penis only eliminates vascular disease as a cause for the ED.  Most of the time, we dont' bother with these types of examinations unless they are likely to affect treatment.  Regardless of whether you have morning erections or not, if you don't have any trouble with erection rigidity for intercourse, then no treatment is necessary.

Urology

Stephen W. Leslie, MD